This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

WIN32_FIND_DATA or Equivalent in Long Path

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Hi there, I'm a noob with c# so my apologies if it's something obvious. First thanks for creating the library it's awesome. I've managed to get all the functions to work as expected but now I need to get the file information that normally WIN32_FIND_DATA provides when you p/invoke the findfirstfile function. The problem is that I need to analyze about 700k individual files and I don't want to p/invoke findfirstfile because after about 34k calls the my pograms starts to slow down to a crawl. Is there any function I can use in the library that will give me the equivalent of WIN32_FIND_DATA? If not, I just need the Creation Time, File Size and Last Modiied info. If there is another way to get those using your library it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the great work.
Developer
May 30, 2011 at 4:24 PM

What you would need would be the equivalent of FileInfo but with long file support. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add it to the backlog.

Developer
May 30, 2011 at 4:24 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Developer
May 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jul 6, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I've created the equivalent of FileInfo if you want it to add to the library?